Saturday, November 1, 2008

Race Time!

In June I ran the Ragnar Wasatch Back relay with my adorable sisters Jessica, Sam and Melissa and can I just say it seriously kicked my bootie! After running the AZ Marathon with Alli I thought it would be a piece of cake! My logic: A 24 hour relay... 12 people each running 3 legs... I'd been training for over a year... The reality: A 24hr relay where you sleep in a van with 5 other people... 12 people running 3 legs of uphill hell while sleeping in a van with 5 other people... I'd been training for over a year at sea level not 3700 ft above on dirt paths with unstable rocks and pot holes! Finishing my 1st leg which was 7.2 miles uphill the entire time! So hard but THE most beautiful scenery I have EVER seen!Sam had just gotten engaged so with each leg we added another piece of "bridal wear"!
Finally some rest time! Which I have to say was especially deserved after finding out the night before the race that I was pregnant with my 5th baby! Poor Sam was with me in the parking lot at the Orem, UT Walmart when the both lines showed up on the stick! To say I was in shock and utter disbelief would be an incredible understatement! I think Sam thought she might have to call an ambulance cause I was freaking out!

6 comments:

Kym said...

You are a wonder woman! The race sounds crazy first of all, but being pregnant & doing it!! Congratulations on all accounts!!

Laura said...

Congrats on being prego w/baby #5. That is sooo exciting. Also good job on running marathons. You go girl. We'll have to get together next time your in UT. Since that is where we're at right now. Hope to hear from you soon.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Yeah...you were freaking out....but we love you so freaking much it doesn't even matter =)

Emily H said...

What a woman! Miss you

Castiel Moyes said...

I guess i haven't checked your blog it a while! i didn't know you hav posted anything and then I saw that it was over a month ago! Good job!

The Giuliacci Family said...

Becky! How are you?!?! You are the hottest momma on the planet I think. You have the most beautiful family...of course. Congrats on number 5. It's a crazy life with 5, but it's fun. I am just coming out of the black hole which is the first 4 months of baby life. I'm thinkin' number 6 is lookin' pretty good to me. But I swore I was done when I was at the tail end of this last pregnancy. Anyway, you have an adorable family, and I loved looking at all your photos. How are you? What are you up to these days?....Betsy Cutting Giuliacci