Monday, October 22, 2007

Playing Catch Up

Ok - I know it's been a while - a long while and I have some MAJOR catching up to do! It's so overwhelming to me but since you are all DYING to see pics of my gorgeous family I guess I'll just have to show them off!!! Twist my arm!


Claudia had her appendix out in late September. She was such a trooper. I think the fact that she couldn't eat anything until after the surgery bothered her more than the pain in her side! Here she is right before they wheeled her away. I must admit I got pretty emotional cause you just never know! I wanted to stay and watch but they wouldn't let me so Ryan took me out to dinner at Outback. (I felt sooo guilty... but in my defense, the cafeteria was closed and you gotta eat, right?!)

After the surgery Abby and Emileigh got to get out of school early and visit Claudia. That made her day! They both got in the bed with her. It was so cute. What great friends she has!

Claudia was so upset about having to have the "stupid surgery" because she missed her first field trip, her soccer game, and a pioneer trek with all the girls from achievement days. What a weekend to get sick!



She moped around until about 8 o'clock when all the girls headed over after the trek and sang her a song, and all the girls from her soccer team "t.p.ed" and "heart attacked" our house... not to mention my great friends who heard she was sick and brought her gifts! It was like Christmas... and she has a cool scar!




And I have to ask... what's with the super speedy healing of 9 year olds anyway?! She came home on Friday night and was begging to go watch her soccer team play the next day, and got so mad at me when I told her I didn't think it was such a great idea to go to church that Sunday.

No comments: